Sacred Heart Medical Center was acquired out of receivership by the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in 1936. Today, Sacred Heart, at 470 beds,
is one of the busiest hospitals in Oregon. Sophisticated tertiary services and
state-of-the-art technology draw patients to Sacred Heart from a broad
geographic area as well as Lane County. Over 500 physicians and 3,000 nurses,
therapists, support staff, and volunteers contribute to the care of patients.
In addition, a wide variety of educational programs and support services are
provided to the community. Today, Sacred Heart is part of the PeaceHealth
integrated delivery system - working in partnership with physicians to provide
high quality, cost efficient access to medical care for all members of the community. For more information, read the latest issue of House Call, PeaceHealth's quarterly community newsletter or visit PeaceHealth's web site at www.peacehealth.org!